Our Commercial Relocation specialists are committed to:
- Completing the move within your time frame
- Minimizing your downtime to limit the disruption to employees and customers
- Completing the move within a certain budget
Or anything else that will keep your business running smoothly.
Questions to ask a commercial moving company
When searching for a professional commercial relocation company, you must ask the following questions.
- Is your moving company licensed?
- Does your company charge by the piece or by the hour?
- Do you have a minimum charge? How do you charge after the minimum is met – in 15-minute increments or every half hour?
- Do you have any extra charges for larger items or extra flights of stairs?
- Do you charge for the travel time from your office to my business?
- Do you charge extra for moves in the evenings or on the weekends?
- What payment options do you offer? (Many moving companies require a deposit.)
- Do you have full-time employees or do you use temps and day labor? (Be cautious of companies that use temps or day labor because they may not be properly insured.)
- Do you carry worker’s compensation for your employees?
- What kind of training have your movers and drivers completed?
- Are items insured during the move? (Even if a mover is bonded and insured, it doesn’t mean that your items are covered during the move. Some states require a company put a valuation of 60¢ per pound of coverage.)
- What kind of cancellation policy do you offer? (You should always be able to cancel or postpone until a few days before your move.)
- Do you offer free moving quotes? (We recommend getting an estimate for all business moves.)
- Do you have a contact number for the day of the move should any challenges arise?
After scheduling with our Commercial Relocation Specialists:
- Conduct a pre-move conference with managers at your firm
- Let all employees know their roles and responsibilities for the move
- Limit employee participation on move day